网络实验室

找回密码
 注册账户
查看: 3421|回复: 4

High PPC CTR in Affiliate Marketing

[复制链接]
无心的棋子 发表于 2008-8-6 19:59:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Here are a few strategies to out-rank the advertiser’s site you are promoting through PPC.

Disclaimer: This will NOT work if:

* trademark bidding is not allowed
    * PPC bid caps are set (i.e., not allowed to bid higher than $0.10)
    * display URL misspellings are not allowed

I was looking to see how I ranked for certain variations of “text link ads,” and I noticed particular advertisement that was out-ranking the site it was promoting.

Now, the official site is “www.Text-Link-Ads.com” and the affiliate is “TextLinksAds.com”, but from a quick glance “TextLinksAds.com” looks official.

There are two keys to taking advantage of this trick:

1. look official
   2. offer a promotion

The affiliate site mentions the price and the discount–which gives them the advantage. The official ad says nothing of use; it’s just a bunch of hype: “By Relevant Text Links On Quality Sites & Watch Your Traffic Soar!”
My experiment

Okay, so I tried to do something similar last Mother’s Day. (I was selling flowers, but I don’t want to say what I used for my display URL because I’m planning on using it next Mother’s Day, and I would rather not have extra competition. ;) )

Here’s my first ad (the CTR is 2.65%):

And, my second ad (the CTR is 7.02%)

Now, both of these ads were displayed within one day of each other. One day I did get up to 14.53% (two days before Mother’s Day).

Besides just directing the traffic away from the advertiser’s PPC site, you need to also stop traffic from going to their organic listing. The way to do this is to make sure you have some type of discount or promotion in the title of your ad.

Remember the disclaimer I put above. Some advertisers are likely to get irritated with this strategy.

Popularity: 100%

个人比较欣赏这句 two days before Mother’s Day
usbiz 发表于 2008-8-8 02:06:53 | 显示全部楼层
做了cb
还没摸到窍门
DT007 发表于 2008-8-8 09:44:35 | 显示全部楼层
文字链接看上去界面干净朴素多了
anzhiyuan 发表于 2008-8-9 22:56:12 | 显示全部楼层
申请到了ADSENSE,:-),还没想好怎么去赚金
lgmuma 发表于 2008-8-28 08:00:01 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册账户

本版积分规则

黑屋|存档|手机|网络实验室 本站服务器由美国合租以及IDCLayer国际数据提供!!!

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 10:20 , Processed in 0.073371 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.